Inceptova FSH is a purified combination of FSH and LH extracted from the urine of postmenopausal women. It is used to treat certain fertility problems in women.
Indications: Inceptova FSH provides ovarian follicular growth and maturation in females who do not have primary ovarian failure. Also stimulates spermatogenesis in males (off-label use).
Dose administration: Adults – at first, 225 IU injected under the skin once a day. Doctor will adjust the dose after 5 days, if needed. However, the dose is usually not more than 450 IU per day. Do not use FSH and LH for more than 20 days.
Inceptova FSH may cause the following side effects:
- Back pain
- Tenderness in the breast
- Redness of face, neck, arms, and upper chest
- Menstrual changes
- Muscle pain
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Do not use Inceptova FSH, if you have primary ovarian failure, abnormal vaginal bleeding, uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal gland disorders, an ovarian cyst, breast cancer, uterine or ovarian cancer, a tumor of pituitary gland or hypothalamus or infertility that is not caused by lack of ovulation.
- Do not use Inceptova FSH, if pregnant.
- Primary ovarian failure
- Non-gonadal endocrinopathies (e.g. thyroid, adrenal, pituitary)
- Pituitary or
- Hypothalamic tumors
- Abnormal uterine bleeding of undetermined origin
- Ovarian cyst
- Sex hormone-dependent tumors of the reproductive tract and accessory organs