Vivagut is a 100% vegetarian Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (HPMC) capsule containing prebiotic and multi-strain probiotic preparation. It is a medical food for dietary management and prevention of certain disorders/medical conditions. It contains a total of 5 billion cfu of different probiotic strains when packed.
Vivagut is widely used in the treatment gastrointestinal disorders like antibiotic-associated diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, restoring the balance of the intestinal microbiota, and alleviation of lactose intolerance symptoms.
Additionally it is also used for:
- Boosting the immune system
- Preventing certain cancers
- Treating bacterial vaginosis and candidiasis
- Reducing the risk of respiratory tract infections
- Treating atopic dermatitis
- One to two capsules daily or as directed by your physician.
- A time gap of 2 hours must be maintained when taking along with antibiotics.
Adverse effectsSide-effects are usually mild and may include intestinal bloating and flatulence. Constipation and increased thirst can also occur rarely.
- Pregnancy and lactation: Consult a physician before using vivagut during pregnancy and lactation.
- Short bowel syndrome: Persons with short bowel syndrome should consult a physician before using vivagut.
- Antibiotics: Taking vivagut along with antibiotics may inactivate some or most of the probiotic micro-organisms. So, maintain a time gap of 2 hours when using these drugs together.
- Immunosuppressants: Taking immunosuppressant medications with vivagut may increase the chance of getting sick. So, consult a physician if you are using any other medication before using vivagut.